Friday, June 19, 2009

My Mema!!

Okay so first of all mema is my grandma. Well On Wednesday I was at work and got a call from my mom that mema was in the hospital. Well I immediately got worried sick, I had talked to her just earlier that day and ya she sounded tired but other than that she was still able to talk to me. So 20 min later after work i went down to the hospital after waiting there 2 hours (because only one person at a time could see her) I was finally able to go in and see her. And she was so out of it. She kept telling me to let her go home. It was so sad to see her like this and what they had thought was that she had a stroke. She was showing all the symtoms of a stroke(later we found out she did have a stroke a few weeks ago) but then I went home. thursday after work eric and I went straight to go see her and what they had found out while i was at work was that she had severe dehydration and was dehydrated as if she had nothing top drink for 4 days and so her liver was only working at a 50%. she also had a UTI which developed sepsis(I think is how you spell it). either one of those alone could kill you but put together made it worse. The doctor said if she didnt come in within 2 days she would of been dead. So when eric and I went to see her on thursday she was doing better than the night before but her stories were still funny and just watching her made me sad. this is the woman who besides my mom has been there for me my whole life and I love her more than words can explain. Im so glad she is doing better now and tomorrow she gets to leave the hospital and go to a nursing place so they can help her get back on her feet like she used to be. Please keep mema in your prayers that she will make a fast recovery. I love you Mema!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just a few clarifications, my dear, it was her kidneys that were only half working- not the liver. and her stroke happened months ago, if it were a few weeks ago the doc could have told us more about it. but this was a nice post. I am glad that she is still in our lives and that it wasn't her time to go! Love you!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this happening, but I'm so glad that she is doing better! Our thoughts and prayers are with her and your family! Love, Amanda, Rawn, and Cooper